Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

La Montanita Co-op

Today I went to Santa Fe for a whirlwind shopping trip. Thankfully, my mother was able to watch one of the boys! In regards to the other one, all I have to say is that bribery does work (when only used once in a while, of course)!

One of my new-to-me favorite stores is La Montanita Co-op. The prices are quite reasonable, especially the specials, and the atmosphere is laid back and pleasant--a welcomed stress-free grocery store! While shopping for produce I usually consult the Dirty Dozen/Clean Fifteen lists. For me, this helps with prioritizing what organic produce I buy while staying within my budget. If you happen to be in Santa Fe, I highly recommend stopping by La Montanita. Organic apples are on sale for $1.29/pound (beat Smith's $1.89/pound!), and I also picked up two-five pound bags of organic potatoes at $2.49 each. Both potatoes and apples are on the Dirty Dozen list, so this trip was well worth it!

Blessings,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment