Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

In the Garden

My grandfather has a beautiful voice. Whenever I spent the night at his and my grandmother's house, he would take out his ukelele and sing me to sleep. This last song he would always sing was "In the Garden." It is now my favorite hymn, and I enjoy singing it to my own children. One of my greatest joys is that my grandfather is now a great-grandfather, and he, my boys and I can sing together. If you're not familiar with this hymn, here are the lyrics:

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.


(Chorus)
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet, the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me,
Within my heart is ringing.

I'd stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; Through the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling.



It's iris and columbine season here!

Our peas are just starting to climb. I just hope we can harvest them before it gets too hot.

Surprise wisteria--I thought the frost a couple weeks ago got all of it.

I am so thankful to live in such a place of natural beauty!

Many blessings,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment